• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020.7.46 search not working in existing merged project with responsive HTML5 output

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have an issue with the search not working in the current version 2020.7.46 for my existing project. It is a merged project and I am using an responsive HTML5 output. I only see the loading spinner, no matter how long it takes.

When I create an output of the parent project, the search works.

When I create the child project and call the help directly from the output window (using the eye icon), the search works exactly 1 time. After that or when I move to the main page of the output, the search is no longer working. The following error message is displayed in the console:

RH_Fehlermeldung.PNG

The problem apparently does not occur with a merged project using the sample projects.

I have already tried the following:

- created a new parent project with TOC containing only one child (tested with different of my child projects)

- using a new Azure Blue skin for the outputs instead of my customized skin

- removing my conditional tags from the output

- removing my content filter from the output

Nothing helped. I have also found the threads regarding page not responding on various search terms, but that problem seems to be something different.

Does anyone have seen this error message as well? Any ideas what to try next? Or is this a case for RH support?

Thanks for any help

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say it but that's a new one on me.

1] When I create the child project and call the help directly from the output window (using the eye icon), the search works exactly 1 time. 

Searching child projects standalone will not work unless you generate them additionally to a folder outside the merge. Have you tried that? 

2] Is this the first time you have tested your merge since applying Update 7?

3] Create a new project and use that as the parent.

I can't offer to take a look today but let me know how that works.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Peter. Highly appreciated!

1) I created the parent, then I created the child into the defined merged folder and clicked the eye icon in the output. This opens the merged help with the default topic of the child preselected. This is when the search works. As soon as I click anywhere else in the output, some kind of redirect seems to take place and after that, the search no longer works.

2) yes. Luckily, I am testing on a virtual machine and are still able to work regularly. However, I will have to update sometime in the future

3) I did, unfortunately, this did not help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying this only happens on the virtual  test machine?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the output to my "regular" machine and tested it there because I thought it was maybe a memory issue or something. But at least the output did not work on the regular machine either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is one for Support right now. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

I'll be happy to help in a few days. Keep us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter, I will contact support and update here. 

Just for clarification: The search seems to work, when the child project is opened from its direct mergedProjects/childProject path using the index.htm that is stored there. Then, the subproject opens with only its own TOC and here, the search works. When clicking on the header to load the entire parent project, the error message from my screenshot is returned in the console and after that, the search no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

The problem seems to be caused by the project language setting. It works, if the setting is English, it doesn't, if the setting is German. Then, the problem is also reproducible with the sample projects. I just checked on this with Adobe Support and they will look into it.

I will update here any news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying this is a general problem with standalone projects and not just in a merge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not having been clear. No, for standalone projects, I could not detect this problem. It only occurs for merged projects when the language setting for the child project is German. The language setting of the parent project does not seem to matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karin Albrecht You were going to contact Support. What was the outcome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not have heard back from Support except that they could reproduce this issue and will look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in my contact with Adobe over this that it may be fixed in Update 8 when it is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp