Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 - After-publishing questions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RH community,

I have a few questions regarding the after-publishing stage. 

I have not published my output yet. We are going to publish the output to a (company) SharePoint location. I'm currently working on setting up the SharePoint connection. 

I have not been able to answer the below. And hope that you can help:

1. When using SharePoint, would you publish using Frameless or HTML5?
  2. After publishing, how do people have access to the published output?
    Do only the people in our SharePoint have access? Is just sharing the link sufficient. Or do I specifically need to provide people with access? If I have to provide access, how do I do that?
  3. If we publish the project to our company internal SharePoint, will no outsiders have access to the project?
  4. Can I find information somewhere on editing topics after publishing? Is the process for editing topics the same after publishing? My worry is that I disturb the user experience for our end users whilst I'm editing topics > then re-generate the output > then publish the output again. 

Thanks very much in advance! I appreciate all your help & input. 

Best, Hannah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Not being a SP user, here's my 2 cents worth:

1.  AFAIK both Frameless and HTML5 are in HTML5. I think though, that if you indicate your output is going to SP to be hosted there, that you end up with .aspx output.
  2.  That's governed by what access your SP administrator grants people.
  3. Correct.
  4. Generally you don't want to be messing around with your output after generating if you can help it. The edit, generate, publish cycle is designed to be minimally disruptive - usually just refreshing the "consum

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help with most of your questions, but wanted to be sure you know there are two different uses for Sharepoint.

1. Using Sharepoint for source control. In this method you store your source files (the Robohelp project and topics you edit) in Sharepoint. This is for version control purposes and working with multiple authors. You don't share these with staff or customers. Editing your source files will not impact your audience as you are not touching the published files they will use.

2. Publishing output to sharepoint. This method publishes your output to sharepoint for access by your audience. The files are only updated when you click the Publish button, so editing topics will not affect what your audience sees (until you re-generate and publish).

I imagine your audience would need read access to the document library that you publish to.  (I have no idea what's required, but your Sharepoint Admin should know).

Whether it's accessible only to internal staff or external customers also depends on how the server is configured, I believe, and your Sharepoint Admin would be best placed to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being a SP user, here's my 2 cents worth:

1.  AFAIK both Frameless and HTML5 are in HTML5. I think though, that if you indicate your output is going to SP to be hosted there, that you end up with .aspx output.
  2.  That's governed by what access your SP administrator grants people.
  3. Correct.
  4. Generally you don't want to be messing around with your output after generating if you can help it. The edit, generate, publish cycle is designed to be minimally disruptive - usually just refreshing the "consumer's" browser will give them the new changed pages after you publish. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks once again @Amebr and @Jeff_Coatsworth !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp