• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 - is microcontent in responsive outputs possible?

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried microcontent in RH 2020 with frameless output and it works very well.

Is it not possible to implement microcontent in RH 2020 with Responsive html5 output?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

The answer I received is below. 

The steps to add a chatbot or FAQ page are same as frameless output.
In fact, the FAQ page is possible in chm, word, pdf, epub outputs, just add mc file in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume this question is coming from a failed attempt. To the best of my knowledge it isn't an option but I have asked for confirmation. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer I received is below. 

The steps to add a chatbot or FAQ page are same as frameless output.
In fact, the FAQ page is possible in chm, word, pdf, epub outputs, just add mc file in the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried updating RH 2020 to the latest update. Then tried microcontent with the Indigo layout. The search results appear in the right pane and not as microcontent would. When I click the first search result it displays the .mc file contents in the search results.

Am I missing something?

Just curious because in this example: http://showmethedemo.com/Compass_Travel/ the microcontent works perfect. And this is Responsive I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the same project that worked with frameless and the responsive preset is in most respects the same, from what I was told by the developers it should work.

The Compass Travel project you linked to is essentially the same as the Compass Travel sample project supplied with RoboHelp and that uses the Studio skin.

Beyond that I think you will need to take this up with Support as this is all very new and we are learning bit by bit.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Is there a particular reason for wanting to make this work in a responsive skin? Going forward there will be more features added to frameless skins.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a HTML5 output and am also running into this issue. I would prefer to have my microcontent appear underneath the search bar like it does in the Frameless but am not having luck finding the settings or place in Robohelp that controls the search box.

Were you ever able to resolve your issue or get more information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Elsa Blankinship what version of RH are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 2022.3.93.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I was able to confirm that the microcontent appears as an Answer Box in a Frameless output, just not in my Responsive output.

I'm thinking it's an issue with the Search Box or Search Results, but I can't seem to find where these are configured in the Responsive template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An answer previously marked as correct was not really the answer to the problem. I have now changed that. See what is marked as correct and check that.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I was able to verify that I see the FAQ page, so I am able to do what is marked as the solution in this question, however, I don't see the Answer Box function that appears underneath the search box in my Responsive output.

I can create a new thread if that issue is unrelated to this question, but I see that the original poster was also asking about the Answer Box and how it was not appearing for them either in the Responsive output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perform a search first? According to that page on Peter's site, the Answer Box only appears when a search is made that finds a hit in the microcontent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did perform a search. I noticed that the results only appear in the left pane and not nested underneath the search box like in a Frameless output. Could that be the reason the answer box does not work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow this link https://www.grainge.org/demos/answerbox1/Topics/Instructions.htm and confirm that is doing what you want. Search on "car".

You are getting that effect in Frameless but not responsive, correct?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Yes! That is what I am trying to replicate in Responsive. When I generate my Responsive output, search results ONLY display in the left pane and not nested underneath the search box, thus the MC Answer Box does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the project that created the demo I pointed to, I have created a responsive output with all the same settings that work for Frameless. I am seeing what you describe.

It would appear that in responsive help, you don't get an answerbox, rather it just promotes results to the top of  the list. In the demo project searching on "cars" would bring that to the top of the list and clicking there would take you to this page. https://www.grainge.org/demos/answerbox1/microcontent/pod_q_and_a.htm in a responsive output.

Thus you get the benefit of promoting results, you don't get the answerbox in the same way.

I will check this out with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking some more about this, I think what you are seeing is correct.

In Frameless, search results appear in the standard frameless search box and the promoted item (cars) appears at the top.

Responsive is the same. The promoted item is at the top but without the preview on the heading. Responsive cannot replicate many of the features of frameless.

What I am seeing is really the same promotion but with the different styling of frameless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for investigating and for the answer! I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to play with these settings so that what appears is more useful. Often the text at the start of this type of reply is sufficient or you could create a topic description to help.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp