• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020: Multi-language project management

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New RoboHelp 2020 user. Successfully setup and tested machine translation for Spanish and Portuguese, slick. The translation produced sub projects for Spanish and Portuguese. Satisfied with the translation setup, I turned back to the English main project and made some changes (.css, added image assets, etc.). The sub projects were now "Out of Sync" so reran the translations to sync things up.

The result was the sub project status indicated they are in sync, BUT the .css changes and new image assets are not present in either the sub projects. This is a problem for on-going maintenance.

I'm hoping somebody can help. I've scoured the help resources to find the answer to what I think would be an obvious step-by-step for "updating a parent translation project". Primarily, it would be nice to know the following:

• How to ensure .css remains the same among the main and sub projects?
  • How to ensure newly added images to the main project are displayed in sub projects?
  • Confirming: Is the sub project sync limited to the main project text items only?
  • Where is the main configuration area to manage the project relationships to address the above questions?

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Hi jedwards_hycite

Thanks for your feedback. We are prioritizing it for updates and will provide resolution as soon as possible. Keep testing and let us know if you find any other improvement areas.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before looking at the issues, you have created two threads that seem to cover the same issues. That is going to cause problems with different people responding to different threads.

We need to lock one. This one or https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/rh-2020-managing-multi-language-project-parent-amp-child/m-p...

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original was deleted from my perspective. I do not see it. I used your link to delete the contents and adjust the title. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It now shows the thread with the single word Deleted. At the time I posted it was still showing the full content. 

In theory posts cannot be deleted by users or even by moderators. Perhaps the forum allowed you to delete it within a short time period? It would help me to know how you were able to delete it.

I'll take a look at your questions now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked "...More" and then "Edit Reply" to remove content and adjust the title.

Edit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Normally that would not stop anyone hitting reply, albeit there would be no good reason but somehow it does. Hey ho. Thanks for letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you will not mind my having edited your post. The reason was that parent/child are terms related to merged help and I could see that causing a lot of confusion. I originally thought I was going to be dealing with the translation of merged help.

The short answer is you have raised some very good points but they are going to need to be addressed by Adobe. I will be sending a linking to this thread to an Adobe contact and either they will reply or I will when I hear back from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter!

I don't mind at all. Don't want to cause user confusion because I don't speak RoboHelp yet. I'll drop the Adobe answer I recieve into this thread for the benefit of others if they don't reply to the thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe will either answer to the thread or through me when I will do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jedwards_hycite

Thanks for your feedback. We are prioritizing it for updates and will provide resolution as soon as possible. Keep testing and let us know if you find any other improvement areas.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Vivek. In the meantime I'll need to manually manage the sub-projects to keep them together. How are available updates communicated and describe what they address?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jedwards_hycite,

Update 2 is available now. It went live yesterday. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be an Announcement on the home page of the RoboHelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp