• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 - Studio Skin - Contents not displaying properly in frameless output

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the merged output, each set of release notes is a child project.

In this screenshot, you can see that you can navigate to a second level TOC entry in the merged output and the table of contents still displays:

johcnl_0-1602490920650.png

In the screenshot below, going to the same second level TOC entry for anther child project and the table of contents does not display.

johcnl_1-1602491403041.png

This is happening for several projects and I cant work out what is different between the projects that are working and the projects that arent working. I tried creating a new project from scratch with one of the problem projects and got the same issue. Here are the steps I performed:

1. In RH 2020, File > New project
  2. Created new topics
  3. Copied the content from each of the old topics in the old RH project to notepad ++ and then copied the content from notepad ++ to the new topics and reformatted the content in the new topics. 
  4. Copied the css file from the old project to the new project. 
  5. In the new project, added a studio skin and generated the frameless output to the merged project folder. Output generated successfully. But contents still not displaying correctly in the output.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all those changes it's important you check the parent TOC is pointing to the right projects and is generated afresh before generating the child projects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The output path is correct. Yes I generated the parent project first and then generated each child project. Not sure where to go from here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First double check the instructions on my site that I pointed you to. Particularly that the parent TOC is pointing to the child projects and not to some file within.

Does the downloadable demo work for you?

Can you share the whole merge? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp