• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020: Tell Spell check to ignore topic.

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone think of a way to have the spell checker ignore one of my topics? I have one topic that contains a lot of nonsense text which I don't want to add to my dictionary or ignored words. We have a process before releasing our software to make sure spell checker does not detect any errors and that one topic goofs us up.

Ideas?

I am using RH 2020.7.46.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

I haven't seen this requested before but no harm requesting a feature change. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the RH spell check? I can't think of any way of excluding whole topics from it, unless there's a new setting in RH2020 I haven't discovered yet - I admit I haven't really investigated the spellcheck in that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this requested before but no harm requesting a feature change. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is a fairly unique situation, so I wouldn't expect Adobe to put a feature in just for me. But I thought it was worth asking about in case there was some workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt you are the only person who has topics with a lot of content that sends the spell checker into a frenzy, just the one who doesn't want to add the words to the dictionary.

The last I heard Adobe don't shoot anyone for submitting requests and it might just prove to be easy to implement.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just think of a crazy workaround: replace the text with a screenshot of the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp