Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 Update 8 - an issue faced while topic creation

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

While creating a topic, we type the 'Title' and then the 'File Name'. Before updating to Update 8, for the 'File Name', I didn't have to type the name with'.htm' as '.htm' appears automatically on the system. But now, if I cleared the default 'Title' and replaced it with a new 'Title', the '.htm' extension doesn't appear on the 'File Name' field. In such a case, if I didn't notice carefully, instead of a topic, a folder is getting created.

Please check the screenshots for a better understanding of the issue.

Did anyone else face the same issue?topic-creation-issue-on-update8.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if you look in Topic Properties > General or right click the file in the Contents Panel and select Properties, you will see the HTM extension has been applied.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The '.htm' extension must be manually added in the 'File Name' field. If not, a folder gets created instead of topic creation, and we cannot convert it back to a topic. Before updating to Update 8, the '.htm' extension got added automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what I am seeing, I did test it. Are you following these steps?

Right click in Contents Panel and select New > Topic.

image.png

This dialog appears.

image.png

I have changed it as shown. No extension.

image.png

The topic is nonetheless created correctly with the extension. 

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the steps that I followed:

1.  Right-click on Contents Panel and select New > Topic. This dialogue box appears.
    BlessySebastian_0-1657614971047.png

2.  I changed the Title and didn't provide the .htm extension.
    BlessySebastian_1-1657615069705.png

3. Instead of topic, a folder is created.
    BlessySebastian_2-1657615135749.png

4. Now, I manually provided the extension.
    BlessySebastian_3-1657615215728.png

5.  Topic is created.
    BlessySebastian_4-1657615281508.png

This is how it's working for me. So, my question is, do we have to manually add the '.htm' extension? This started to happen on Update 8 before that it worked automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. As you have seen it is not working that way for me and you are the only person to report this on the forum so far.

Three options.

1. The quickest would be to go to Download RoboHelp (adobe.com) and download Update 8 from there. Uninstall what is on your machine, reboot and install the download. That will take say a quarter of an hour or so. It will not affect your project and you can retain your settings.
  2. Alternatively go to Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. That could take a few days.
  3. Live with it. It is technically an option but not one I would recommend as this is an overt indication something is wrong. There is then the nagging doubt of what else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else I should have suggested. I'm just wondering if the issue is restricted to this project.

Try this in the About RoboHelp sample project. You should see them on the Starter Screen but if not then click Open Project on the Starter Screen to open File Explorer. Browse to Documents and then My RoboHelp Projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all these methods but still it's not working. Also I tried by uninstalling the existing RoboHelp from my machine, downloading Update 8 from adobe.com and installing again. That also didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the issue if I press Backspace or Delete before typing the title. If I start typing with the existing title still selected, the .htm is added correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, correct. It's a bug and adobe acknowledged it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your image you have obviously deleted the title first as when I just start typing with the default title still showing before I type, what I am typing has htm after it.

See this video. https://www.grainge.org/demos/title/title.mp4

Ignore the bit before the title is blue. I accidentally took focus off the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp