• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2020 - upgrading projects from RH 2019 to RH 2020

Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I open a project that was created in RH 2019 in RH 2020, and when I get the error message to say upgrade, and I upgrade. And I am able to generate ouput successfully (at least I get a message to say output is generated) and then I find that no output has been generated and when I close the project and open it again in RH 2020 I get the same message to say that I have to upgrade my project again. Its like the upgrade hasnt taken place properly.

Has anyone else had this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

I've just worked out what it is! Its because I have checked the files into TFS and I havent checked them out again for editing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw it once but that was it. Have you checked the preset to see the output path is what you think it is?

If it happens again, try deleting the contents of the .rh folder with the project closed. It will be recreated on opening it again. It's not the same as the CPD file in Classic but it does sometimes help.

I assume the update is showing if you look at the Help menu.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the output path is correct. I just tried deleting the contents of the .rh file and that does not work. I tried opening the project in RH 2019 and it does not generate any output in RH 2019 either. This is third project this has happened to me on. Is there anyway you can force a project to think its RH 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By not opening it in different versions. 🙂

If you open a 2020 project in 2019 it should give you a warning. Likewise if you open a 2020.0 project in 2020.1 it should give you a warning.

With the project closed, open the RHPJ file in a text editor. That will show you which version the project thinks it belongs to.

Are you opening the project on different machines at different versions?

Are you opening from RoboHelp or by double clicking the RHPJ file? If the latter, it will open in whichever version was last installed, at least that's how Classic worked and I don't think the new UI is any different.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening it a text editor reveals that it does think its project version 2019.0.13 which is odd as I was using 2019.0.14 which was the latest version of RH 2019 I think? Maybe that is why it is not upgrading? Because I had not opened that project in the latest version of RH 2019?

johcnl_0-1602509697141.png

If I manually change that to 2020.1.54, do you think that will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to go via 14. Open it again in 2020 and then close it. What does it say after that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened it in RH 2020, then opened the RHPJ file in Notepad ++ and it still says 2019.0.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a warning about upgrading?

Did you make any changes? Just make a simple change.

Where is the project located? Is it in a folder being synced to the cloud such as Google Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just worked out what it is! Its because I have checked the files into TFS and I havent checked them out again for editing! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bit like me swearing at the printer in the days of cable connections, helps if the cable is plugged in. 🙂 Glad you're sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp