• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2022: How to disable the Insert paragraph here(blue line) indicator/icon from the master page

Participant ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please let me know how to remove this blue line (Insert paragraph here) from the master page.

This blue line appears on all the pages because it is on the master page. Please let me know to disable this insert paragraph indicator/icon

LNA_0-1674196040863.png

LNA_1-1674195026971.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Oh, I just got the solution. It was because of the master page. I deleted the master page, and the line is gone from all the pages in the responsive HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't, it's there by design and only in Author mode, it does not appear in the output.

What is the practical problem it is giving you?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I generated the responsive HTML and on every page, I see this Insert paragraph line.

I just unassigned the topic layout (master page) for 3 pages and the line is still appearing. How do I fix it. It looks like it is not because of the master page

LNA_0-1674469451941.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I just got the solution. It was because of the master page. I deleted the master page, and the line is gone from all the pages in the responsive HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes because in this case the line is coming from the master page. You will sometimes see it in topics with no master page.

Occasionally you will find you cannot start a line below it. Just go to Source View and add a blank paragraph there.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused about how the editor line got into the output. That shouldn't be possible (although there was that incident in and early patch of RH2019 where I managed to drag and drop the entire RH interface into my topic by accident...)

@Lija SN  if you wanted to investigate some more, could you open the master page in a text editor and paste the code here? Perhaps I can see something weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr , Actually, I deleted the master page. Let me see if I can reproduce the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lija SN Was it appearing in the output? I only read it as appearing in Author mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In responsive HTML output, the line appeared on all the pages. 

So I deleted the master page and generated it again. And it worked.

I attached the screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot is from Author mode, not a generated output. The line coming through when you are creating topics I can understand but not in a generated output. The line is something you see on the screen but if you look in the source code there is nothing there that displays the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It is html output

LNA_0-1674473079981.png

I would not have raised this question, If it was showing on Author mode.

As I said, I deleted the master page. The issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, you are saying that line showed in a browser, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. If you can recreate it you will have to let us know how. No one has ever reported that, which does not mean you didn't have the problem, simply it looks like a one off until you can repeat it.

It's bizarre as there is no code in the source to generate it to the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will definitely let you know!! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the Master page: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 2022" />
<title>Master</title>
<meta name="topic-status" content="Draft" />
<meta name="rh-authors" content="Lija" />
<meta name="topic-comment" content="" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/default.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/book.css" />
</head>
<body>
<p><span><span contenteditable="false" style="height: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; display: block; z-index: 9999; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 0px; line-height: 0px; position: absolute; border-top: 1px dashed rgb(0, 116, 217); user-select: none; left: 0px; right: 0px; top: 304.391px;"><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;right:0px;border-right-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 8px 8px 0;top:-8px"> </span><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;left:0px;border-left-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 0 8px 8px;top:-8px"> </span><span contenteditable="false" style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;height:17px;width:17px;right:17px;background:url(file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20RoboHelp/resources/app.asar/staging/offline_app/ckeditor/plugins/magicline/images/icon.png) center no-repeat #0074D9;cursor:pointer;top:-8px; border-radius: 2px;" title="Insert paragraph here">↵</span></span></span></p>
<p><span><span contenteditable="false" style="height: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; display: block; z-index: 9999; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 0px; line-height: 0px; position: absolute; border-top: 1px dashed rgb(0, 116, 217); user-select: none; left: 0px; right: 0px; top: 272.391px;"><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;right:0px;border-right-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 8px 8px 0;top:-8px"> </span><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;left:0px;border-left-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 0 8px 8px;top:-8px"> </span><span contenteditable="false" style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;height:17px;width:17px;right:17px;background:url(file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20RoboHelp/resources/app.asar/staging/offline_app/ckeditor/plugins/magicline/images/icon.png) center no-repeat #0074D9;cursor:pointer;top:-8px; border-radius: 2px;" title="Insert paragraph here">↵</span></span></span></p>
<div data-region="header">
<p style="text-align: right;margin-left: -0.01in"> </p>

</div>
<p> </p>
<div data-region="topic">
<p>This is Body Placeholder text for your Topic Layout. Topics created using this Topic Layout will get this text by default. Replace text of this Body Placeholder with your default content for topics.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Area outside this Body Placeholder represents the layout of the Topic Layout which will not be shown in the associated topics but will be present in the output. The Body Placeholder content will be replaced by actual topic content in the output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Use Topic Layout to define the layout of your topic in the output.</p>
<p> </p>
</div>
<p> </p>
<div data-region="footer">
<p style="border-left-color: #C0C0C0;border-top-color: #C0C0C0;border-right-color: #C0C0C0;border-bottom-color: #C0C0C0;border-left-style: solid;border-top-style: solid;border-right-style: solid;border-bottom-style: solid"> </p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not have raised this question, If it was showing on Author mode.

OK but there are users who would have raised the question so when we try to help, we have to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I understood!!

I am able to reproduce the bug. have attached the master page details. Let me know if you need any other details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Here is the output where I have one paragraph line. Master page details added in the above comment.

LNA_0-1674474284794.png

2. I added one more paragraph line on the master page

LNA_1-1674474581027.png

I am getting two lines in the output

LNA_0-1674474521278.png

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Master</title>
<meta name="rh-authors" content="Lija" />
<meta name="topic-comment" content="" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-US" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/default.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../css/book.css" />
</head>
<body>
<p><span><span contenteditable="false" style="height: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; display: block; z-index: 9999; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 0px; line-height: 0px; position: absolute; border-top: 1px dashed rgb(0, 116, 217); user-select: none; left: 0px; right: 0px; top: 272.391px;"><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;right:0px;border-right-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 8px 8px 0;top:-8px"> </span><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;left:0px;border-left-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 0 8px 8px;top:-8px"> </span><span contenteditable="false" style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;height:17px;width:17px;right:17px;background:url(file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20RoboHelp/resources/app.asar/staging/offline_app/ckeditor/plugins/magicline/images/icon.png) center no-repeat #0074D9;cursor:pointer;top:-8px; border-radius: 2px;" title="Insert paragraph here">↵</span></span></span></p>
<p style="text-align: right;margin-left: -0.01in"> </p>

</div>
<p> </p>
<p>This is Body Placeholder text for your Topic Layout. Topics created using this Topic Layout will get this text by default. Replace text of this Body Placeholder with your default content for topics.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Area outside this Body Placeholder represents the layout of the Topic Layout which will not be shown in the associated topics but will be present in the output. The Body Placeholder content will be replaced by actual topic content in the output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
</div>
<p> </p>
<div data-region="footer">
<p style="border-left-color: #C0C0C0;border-top-color: #C0C0C0;border-right-color: #C0C0C0;border-bottom-color: #C0C0C0;border-left-style: solid;border-top-style: solid;border-right-style: solid;border-bottom-style: solid"> </p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a whole load of garbage styling in there and as far as I can see all you want is a grey border around a footer that has nothing in it. Do you know how that go there?

In Author Mode go to Topic Layouts and create a new Topic Layout (the new name for Master Pages).

Add the border and then compare the code. It should be a lot lighter and not go through to the output.

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is right. I was trying to reproduce this issue. I was trying a few things. Actually, I do not want the border. All I want is an option to enable and disable paragraph lines in case,  this issue re-appears.

As I indicated, I deleted the master page yesterday, and I am not using it in my current project as of now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This gives me a grey bordered footer.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>Line Test 2</title>
</head>
<body>
<p> </p>
</div>
<p> </p>
<p><br />

</p>
</div>
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="border-collapse:collapse; width:100%">
<colgroup>
<col style="width:100%" />
</colgroup>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="border-left-color: #808080;border-top-color: #808080;border-right-color: #808080;border-bottom-color: #808080;border-left-width: 2pt;border-top-width: 2pt;border-right-width: 2pt;border-bottom-width: 2pt"> </td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's the code immediately under the body tag, down to just above the header div that is doing it . So if you delete everything between <body> and <div data-region="header"> (but don't delete those two tags) it should remove the UI elements from your output.

Could you reproduce how that code got there as that shouldn't be possible? If you can reproduce that we should report it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp