Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 2022 webhelp output

Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all, 

I have topics for which I need to generate an output but noticed if topic is not included in the TOC an output is not generated? So for example there are topics in this project which are being implemented via hyperlink in a topic but are not in the TOC however the topic output does not get generated and give me a 404 error because there is no associated htm file?

Thank you 

Christele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically all topics need to be in the TOC in the new UI versions with the exception of topics to which there is a link in another topic in the project. I have just tested that to be sure. Have you checked the missing file is not in the output folders. Either look in Explorer or search for it.

I don't know why it is not working for you. You shouldn't have to but you could add the "missing" topic to the TOC, then in the properties for the TOC there is a check box to hide it in the output.

What output are you generating? 

There's more at RH2022 The Table of Contents (grainge.org)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this !!! I am going to test it and will follow up. I really appreciate it!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After further testing,  it seems that if the link were to open in the same frame there were updated to open to Page Default which resulted in a 404. I had to update the priorities back to "Same Frame"
Also I added an icon to the skin to point to a topic but does not get outputted... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp