• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH classic -> RH 2020 (new ui) with linked FM files and mp4 hotspot

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an e-learning project that we want to update from RH classic to RH 2020.
There are MP4 hotspots in the project.
The projects are linked to Framemaker files.
When updating the projects from RH Classic to RH2020, everything is error free for now. But as soon as the linked FM file changes and is updated in RH 2020, the hotspot is lost.

I have a similar problem when I insert the same FM file linked in RH 2020 in a new project. The hotspot does not work from the beginning.

I hope the post goes in the right forum, I got a little lost in the communities 😮 Sorry!

If sample data is desired, I can send some.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Contact them. They will either help or confirm it is a bug. What's to lose?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Sorry to chime in late here - if the linking of the FM content to a new RH project doesn't work when you're patched up to RH2020.6, then definitely report it the RH folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I move my post to the Robohelp forum??? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is in the right forum. But it's not a busy forum and we're spread across the world, so it can take some time for someone to read the posts here (depending on holidays and weekends as well).

Unfortunately I can't help as I don't use FM, but hopefully someone will be along soon who can point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr, Thank you. I wasn't sure about contacting Adobe support directly either because I'm very sure it's a bug. Kind regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact them. They will either help or confirm it is a bug. What's to lose?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to chime in late here - if the linking of the FM content to a new RH project doesn't work when you're patched up to RH2020.6, then definitely report it the RH folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Support confirm it is a bug or provide a solution?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I sent an email to support: They say it's a bug and they want to resolve it in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp