Exit

RH Search not working in files with all-cap filenames

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This one has me stumped.

Some of the files in our RH projects are in all upper-case.  In these all-cap files, the RH search isn't working, even if I copy'n'paste the term from the content into the Find box.  (It DOES work if I search the source, but just searching the page doesn't.)

If I duplicate the file and the dupe is in lower-case, search works like you'd expect.

In the example below, the same term is in both of these files. But you can only get a search result on the acheck file -- the ACTRENUM one returns zilch.

allcaps.png

My *guess* is the problem is more with the .HTML extension than the filename itself, but a guess is all it is.

Has anyone seen this before? And maybe encountered a way to fix it without duplicating possibly dozens of files? (This is RH 2015 btw)

Thanks!

Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter!  I did log it as a bug earlier, I'll go back and find the link in a bit.

I can send you the project, but i'll do it late in the day Thursday. I'm off Friday through Tuesday so that timing should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who wants to follow this drama, the bug ticket is:

Tracker

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp