• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH Server install issue on new server

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our IT has run into an issue trying to reinstall RH Server onto a new server. We are running RoboHelp 11 and the RH Server software that came with it is not installing onto the new servers we are upgrading to. I believe the new servers we are upgrading to is the latest Windows 10. We have had issues publishing from our upgraded Windows 10 to an older version of Windows on the server. We found a workaround for that by using a Virtual Machine on our laptops.
Now that our servers are upgraded, RH Server is not installing. I checked the RH Updates (https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html) to see if there is a patch for RH Server and there isn’t one available.
First question. Does anyone know a workaround or a patch to use?
Second question. If we do not want to upgrade everything to RH 2019 and RH Server 10, what alternative software can we use to replace RH Server and keep RH 11?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Andre

TOPICS
RoboHelp server , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your workaround is to publish locally & then manually transfer the files to the RH Server location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because database synchronization is involved when using Rh Server, I don't think you'll be able to simply manually copy/paste the published output to the server. 
Regarding patches, be sure to check out this update:

https://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2017/09/robohelp-server-10-2017-update-1.html

Meanwhile, I will ask someone at Adobe for some assistance on this.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

1395 NE Newport Heights Dr. 
Newport, OR 97365
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have sent you the private message with our contact details. Requesting you please connect with us so that we can help you with the installation issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp