• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 - Font displays differently for the same page on different devices

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two different layouts, one for Android, one for iOS. I am using our proprietary font and this displays properly everywhere in Android. However, on iOS devices, for the Home (default) page, the Table of Contents page and for the first title displayed in the first topic page, the font is a serif font, looks like Times New Roman. Note that on the second and subsequent topic pages, the title uses the correct font. I have searched the entire project for mention of a serif font, there is nothing there, our font is in every font-family reference along with Arial. Does anyone have any idea where this is coming from? I've successfully changed background and text colours in the layouts so I'm a bit pharmished as to where I'm going wrong.

BTW, the pages and fonts display correctly when viewed on a desktop in either Chrome or IE and in addition, when I use the iOS URL on an Android device, everything displays correctly. Another aside: in my iPad_Layout Screen Layout, no mobile.css appears in Project Set-Up. I've had to open the css in a text editor to make other changes, which have worked.

I believe that related to this may be related to the fact that after I added two pages to the TOC that I had previously created but not included in the TOC, the next/back links disappear after what was previously the last page so the last two added pages have no next/back arrows on them. How do I include these in the screen layout which should be applying to those items? Everything else on these two pages is rendered as it should be, including the font.

TIA,

Helen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just guessing here.

I doubt anything is set to serif, rather it is not set to what you want and therefore defaulting to serif. On another device it could default to something else. I am not an iPhone user so can't help on that.

Re the last two pages, did the new pages get added to the browse sequence which is what I suspect your arrows are. I doubt that is the issue. More likely the new pages are not correctly referencing the CSS.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

Mea culpa, I forgot about the browse sequence. That one is solved. Thanks for the boot up the proverbial.

Not sure I can agree with "not set to what you want and therefore defaulting to serif." The Home Layout page calls mobile.css and my font-family is defined right at the beginning of mobile.css. Everywhere in the css where a font is defined, it is my font that is there. Is there something else I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just suggesting that you check the path to the CSS in case there was an error there. If the page is correctly referenced and it's working elsewhere, I am not sure why iPhones are not playing nicely.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having examined the code with a fine tooth comb, I came away with this and I'm not sure how it happened in the first place. in the font-family lines, sometimes there was something like this (using Arial as an example rather than our font name):

style="font-family: Arial, 'Arial light', 'Arial Bold', 'Arial Italic', 'Arial Thin', sans-serif;";

When I deleted the others so I was left with:

style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif;"

it worked, all good.

Thanks for the prompt to look for something it wasn't finding, sent me on the right track.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp