• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10: Index and TOC don't appear in Chrome on Mac

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using RH10 for several years now to generate WebHelp for two of our products. We have noticed that when we open Help while running these products in Chrome on a Mac, the Index and TOC are empty. Blank. This was not always the case, but I cannot pinpoint exactly when the problem started. The Index and TOC render fine in Safari on the Mac and in Chrome on Windows 10. 

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Can anyone suggest a solution? Might upgrading to RH 2019 be the answer?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's been a number of browser-security "fixes" that have messed up WebHelp in older versions (recently it was a FireFox Quantum update that knocked off all locally-hosted WebHelp) - moving to RH2019 will help you get on top of those changes, but it won't be with WebHelp - it's not on offer anymore - replaced by the new shiny HTML5! I suggest you download a copy of RH2019 as a trial on a non-production machine, update it (it doesn't come with the 9 patches already released) & test out a copy of your project on it to see how it behaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Jeff won't mind me clarifying his point about webhelp not being available.That only applies to the new UI version. There is also a Classic version where it is still available and where the UI is similar to the version you are using. Upgrading gives you both versions.

The only difference between webhelp and responsive help apart from skin design is that the responsive help changes according to screen size whereas webhelp does not. In the new UI version, if you don't want the layout to change according to screen size, that can be turned off. Effectively you would still have webhelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for both responses. I will give RH2019 a try on a copy of my project and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp