• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 Webhelp output missing TOC after converting from tri-pane

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple projects that all compile and deliver webhelp where the TOC and Search work just fine.  I had one old project that was a tripane (top header, side contents, right main body) which I basically took all the necessary parts and put them into the right main body part, then used that as my start-up topic.

Compiled help works perfectly. The TOC and search appear on the left and work just like my other projects.  When I compile webhelp, the output appears normal but the TOC on the left is empty and the search will not display any results (also empty).  It looks normal like my other projects, just missing content like it trying to display it in a frame that doesn't exist anymore.

Is there a way to see where the TOC and Search output is going?  I have clicked on every possible page, option, box in RH.  I also tried making new project windows with no change.  This is very strange.  One extra bit, IE will display the TOC but no search content for this project where Firefox will not deliver either.  Again, my other projects work perfectly in both browsers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but your post is a bit on the confusing side. We likely need more information in order to determine what may be happening here.

WebHelp is kind of a "tripane" type of output. You have a main toolbar with buttons that open the TOC, Index, Search and Glossary. You have the pane on the left side that presents the TOC or whatever has been clicked. Then you have the Topic pane that presents the topic.

So I'm not sure what you mean when you say you "converted from tripane". Perhaps you can expound on that?

You also say that you "took all the necessary parts and put them into the right main body part, then used that as my start-up topic.".

That seems to suggest that you actually removed any TOC or Index or whatever and somehow managed to stick it into the single startup topic? If you somehow managed that, I'm not sure why you would then be surprised that the TOC and Index are now missing in the WebHelp.

As for empty contents or whatever, you are a couple of versions behind. You likely need to install patches to make WebHelp output properly understand our recent browsers. The best option is to upgrade to the newest RoboHelp. But if you can't do that for whatever reason, take a look at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a sanitized screen shot of the tri-pane version before shifting everything into the content pane.  Everything worked in IE and Firefox, it is just ugly with a tripane plus an added pane and menu bar.

Old Tri-Pane HelpFile.jpg

Below the new single content pane with no search content.  IE will give the TOC but no search.  Firefox won't deliver either TOC or Search.  Almost like maybe there is some active X block but all of my other projects work on both browsers. 

New NonTri-Pane HelpFile.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp