• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - %2F in the Responsive HTMl5 output url

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months back, I had a query regarding the character #t in the Responsive HTML5 URL. This is the expected behavior is what I understand.

In the same context, I had a somewhat similar query today.

When the URL picks up file from a sub-folder, it adds %2F in the URL in addition to #t. Is that an expected behavior? See screenshot below:

URL.png

The development team was finding it tough to launch the context-sensitive help with this so they were checking if this is expected or can it be changed from RoboHelp?

The second question is, are the file names context-sensitive in Responsive HTML5?

If the help file is About_Product.htm and the code refers to it as about_product.htm, will it break the call?

Any pointers or information to handle context-sensitive help calls with this URL would be helpful if you can share.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Check out Willam's other site - https://www.helpessentials.com/blog/  - where he's migrated most of his content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The %2F is a URL encoded forward slash (  /  ). It does that in a little sample HTML5 project I tested. I assume Adobe implemented URL encoding for a reason, but I'm not technical so couldn't attempt an explanation. So yes, this is how Responsive HTML5 works.

I haven't tried implementing CSH for responsive HTML5, so I can't comment further on how to do that. It might also depend on the method you are using to make the CSH call. Sorry I can't offer any further advice on this. The site I'd normally recommend checking is currently down. You could see if the Internet Archive has copies of the context sensitive help topics from this site: https://www.wvanweelden.eu/

Case sensitivity is dependent on the configuration of the web server I believe. So typically your example will be fine on Windows servers (IIS) as by default it is configured to be case insensitive. Linux servers (Apache) are typically configured to be case sensitive, so your example would fail on a Linux server. However, at least the Linux server behaviour can be changed by an admin, and I assume there would be similar functionality for Windows. You would have to talk to your server admin though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Willam's other site - https://www.helpessentials.com/blog/  - where he's migrated most of his content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oo, it's back. That one was down too when I tried, and I couldn't remember what content was there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp