Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2017 - Hiding title bar from header in responsive html5 layout

Participant ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have an help output where we have a customized header image that we have added. That works fine.

However, when we add title bar text in the responsive html5 output properties window under Output tab, the title bar text shows up in the header as well as the browser title.

The text that shows up in the header overlaps the header image that I have. So, I want to hide that however, I just want it to appear in the browser title, which is fine.

How can I achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image would help.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to attach a jpg or png for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inserting an image is as simple as clicking the Insert Image icon and browsing to it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked now on IE..Chrome was not allowing to attach an image for some reason. Anyway, here is the scenario:

img1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the Azure Blue layout modified?

The header is intended to show the same as the browser tab. Is the other text an image that is expanding into the same area? If so, I'm not sure what you can do but I think the question has been asked so poke around the forum.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts here Captiv8r​ , Willam van Weelden or anyone who knows?

Any property where the text can be made invisible in the header or sent to back or any other suggestion.

Check screenshot above for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ask if the text you want to show is an image. If it is, I believe there may be a solution to let you have both the image and the text. To lose the text is going to require Willam's level of knowledge of the layout.css.

I'll leave you with others in the hope they can help.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the text we want is already part of the header image. So the title text that shows up/overlaps is extra and not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the text background colour to the same as the header? Maybe the image would overwrite that?

Also, apologies, you did say at the beginning it was an image, I lost sight of that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts here Captiv8r , Willam van Weelden or anyone who knows?

Any property where the text can be made invisible in the header or sent to back or any other suggestion.

Check screenshot above for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way you could achieve it would be to omit the title in the SSL Settings. Then you could just ensure you add the Title attribute you want to see in the Title bar by editing the Index.htm file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would call for editing the index.htm file each time there is a new build.

I tried renaming the index.htm so a better name something like My_Product_Online_Help.htm and generating the output.

My_Product_Online_Help shows up in the title bar of the browser and that I guess will suffice. I can get rid of the title bar text in the settings under general tab.

In case there is a better workaround, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens is that the title text that appears in the browser title ..top left ...also appears in the header of the help output.

This causes the text to overlap the image that i inserted.

This is the title bar text that we insert in the responsive html5 output properties window in the General section?

I want to retain the title text that appears in the browser title but get rid of the overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp