• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019.0.11 NewUI: Strange pdf behaviour with merged TOCs

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF TOC that consists of 3 other TOCs that have been merged into them. I have found the following behaviour (I will use "printed" as "appears on the PDF pages", to distinguish between the TOC  in RH versus the TOC as it appears on the PDF pages):

• The contents (topics) of the TOCs that are merged are printed in the reverse order of the merged TOCs, meaning the topics are printed in order TOC3 - TOC2 - TOC1. The order inside TOC1, TOC2 and TOC3 stays correct.
  • The TOC references on the printed TOC page are in the correct order (the same as in RH), TOC1 - TOC2 - TOC3. This results in a very strange page numbering, where the page numbers "restart" after the last page. See screenshot below: page 6 (TOC2 start) comes after page 87 (TOC1 end), and page 4 (TOC3 start) comes after page 14 (TOC2 end). The numbering at the right corresponds correctly with the pages on which the topics are actually printed.
  • The footer of the last page shows Page 88 of 87. Hurrah, a bonus page 😉 

Anyone else have problems with merged TOCS in PDFs? I could of course copy the TOCs instead of merging them, but I'd rather not if it's not necessary.

image.png

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case someone else has the same, here's the bug report:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6678

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp