We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I am testing the update 12 for RH 2019 new UI on a virtual machine. For most of my projects, the responsive HTML5 output is working. However, it is NOT working for my parent project and also not for new projects.
What I did:
I created a new project. I just use the existing default topic. I did not add any css, master pages or the like. I used the output path Documents\My Robohelp Projects\ (this path is working for the other projects).
When I start the HTML5 output (I also created several of them, not always using the same one), it says "Starting generation" and this is it. This message is displayed for hours. If I try to dismiss the output, the message to the bottom left disappears, but the output is still trying to generate. The log is offered in the context menu, but cannot be opened.
Does anyone have similar issues? Any ideas where I might search for the problem?
Thanks and best regards
I am not inclined to blame working on a virtual machine but I think I would create a new project not on a virtual machine to prove that.
Any issues with other programs?
What is the language of the Project? There is one issue with non-english project in update 12 which is blocking generation of Frameless and Resposive HTML5 outputs. Workaround is to create a Synonyms entry for that language.
Hm, I know that the VM is pretty slow. However, due to several bugs and problems with previous RH2019 updates, I decided to test each update on a VM before updating my real working area to ensure that all functions that I need are still working as expected.
Do you mean it would be better to create the project on my normal computer and copy it to the VM? Or do you mean you would not recommend working with a VM at all?
Vivek, language is German. I have a meeting now and will run another test with English language setting. Thanks for the hint.
Yes, German will have issue. Please do the following
Go to the Output tab
If you have more than one project then you can manually copy de_DE.syn file to publish\languages\synonyms subdirectory in all the projects. You can avoid all the steps above.
No I didn't mean to suggest using a VM is not an acceptable way of working. What I suggested was simply the start of some troubleshooting.
Go with Vivek on this. I would be happy if I knew 10% of what he does about RoboHelp. 🙂
In pictures 🙂
Click Done to open this dialog.
Type "a" under Word then press Tab key and type "a" under Synonyms.
Thank you both! With a synonym file, the output works! It also works without one and language settings English.
So I'm alright then. 🙂
Just a note ... this is still a bug in Robohelp 2020 (2020.0.156). Stumbled across this thread, added a German synonym file per instructions provided above, and fixed "hung" output for an upgraded RH2017 project.
You created another thread about different issues but on one device it shows as deleted and on another I see the thread but the Reply button is disabled. Have you done anything to remove that thread or is it a glitch in the forum.
The answers are straightforward but I can't give them because of this. Contact me via my site if you haven't resolved them.
Adobe have tested this in 2020 and found it is working without adding a synonym file. Could you test this in a simple new project to see if it works there please?
Okay - generated a new 3-topic project and it worked without adding a synonym file. I can only say that when converting a large RH2017 project, it kept on spinning/hanging during generation until I added that synonym file.
Also - as a side note, the issue I noted yesterday about sections not correctly linking to topics WAS still true when creating the simple 3-topic project. I linked Bugs Section1 to topic Bug3, and it did not display in the content pane when viewing the HTML5 help.
Adobe did test a Classic upgrade too without a problem so hopefully it is a one off. I guess you could upgrade again and if the problem occurs again, then bug report it and submit the project.
As to the second issue, please add that to that thread.