Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019: Automatically expand TOC books

Participant ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So, the Frameless output is brilliant.  I've started moving over my entire project to it, and I'm loving it.  The way it looks is beautiful and smooth - I just have one little issue.  When I click on a Topic and it is displayed, the TOC on the left-hand side of the screen displays fine.  When I click to other items (books or topics) in the TOC it all responds like it should, in other words, the TOC responds like it should.

However, when I click on a book on the home page, and that book is linked to a topic (source set to a topic), the topic it is set to displays, but the TOC remains closed.  On the Responsive HTML5 output, these books are automatically expanded, and it's contents displayed in the TOC, but with the Frameless this doesn't happen.  It's not a massive train smash, but ideally if I click on a book and the book's linked source topic is opened, it should expand that book in the TOC so the user can see that there is more to the book than just the single topic.

I've looked around the config and in the skin and layout files, but can't find it.  I haven't played around those files as I'm really worried I'll break something, but if someone could help that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your point and agree. [I originally posted "disagree". That was, of course, meant to be as now corrected.]

However, I can anticipate the next person along saying they had set it up that way so that the book didn't open and make the user find what the author thought they should go to, let the user decide.

Both are valid so I suggest a feature request suggesting that both ways can be set in the skin editor.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate the feedback, thanks Sir.  I have created the Feature Request.  I would LOVE this as it works wonderfully on the other layouts (where it does automatically expand by default).  Link to request here:  https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6583

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp