• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 classic common asset files : css files, images.Dduplicate them across my projects?

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can I use common assets to my projects?

My project consists of  merged chm projects in a main chm project, consisting in 34 separate subprojects, this in 3 languages.

All of them contain an enormous bunch of duplicate files:

a css sheet, logo's, symbols.

They are replicated around a 100 times troughout the files.

I fear the moment something changes....

I plan to move to RH2019 (modern) once pressure is gone to advance with the real work. If it is possible in that version I would be happy too.

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Classic it's called Resource Manager. In 2019 New UI you simply link to the required files wherever they are.

I haven't had any experience of upgrading a project that uses Resource Manager.

I think in your scenario where you are going to be making the transition I would create a Classic project and use Resource Manager using examples of each file type you are going to be using. With that project working, then upgrade it to see how it has survived the journey.

The process for setting it up in 2019 is quite simple. You create individual links to each resource. It's described in RoboHelp Reimagined. 

See Item 15 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh2019/using_rh2019.htm if you will be linking to topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp