When generating a responsive HTML5 project everything is fine when viewing with IE11.
As soon as we merge the projects we run into problems with the merged help.
In IE11 - and only in IE11 - all internal links do not work, TOS does not synchronize and Breadcrumbs are not shown properly.
When we paste the link adress into a now browser tab the page will open.
Thus, it is not a link address issue.
It seems, that IE11 will/can not open the page within the content frame.
Does anyone have the same issue? Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks for yur help
Just a couple of suggestions what you might try:
- where is your merged project stored? Local or on a server? Is it in the same location than your not-merged project?
- when opening the project, are you getting an error or warning message in IE? Something saying "active contents will be blocked" or the like?
- when you open the console in the browser (F12), are there any error messages?
- in IE: try changing the compatibility settings in the browser (activate and/or deactivate the setting "Show intranet pages in compatibility mode". See if this changes anything
- add a so-called Mark of the Web to your files (just the index.htm and one or two others for a test) --> enter the line
<!-- saved from url=(0016)http://localhost -->
directly below the header saying <!DOCTYPE HTML>
Hope anything of this helps!
I'm having a similar issue with a merged HTML5 project, though I see different issues with different browsers. The project is downloaded from our server locally onto the client's computer so the project is accessed locally. Using Azure_Blue.
In IE11, the parent (TOC, index, search, etc) is recognized and works properly but links within the topic do not work unless they're opened in a new tab.
In Chrome, the navigation continuously loads and eventually freezes the page.