Exit

RH2019 - frameless skin - search & snippets & Edge compatibility

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

RH2019.0.9 (New, not classic)
Based on the Oceanic skin, and making extensively use of drop-downs with snippets in it, I noticed a strange compatibility issue with Edge.
When using search, and the search term is somewhere within a drop-down text, hitting the search result will open the drop-down text (which is in fact a snippet), and will show the search result as a yellow marked term: this is the expected behavior, and is working fine with Chrome and FireFox.
With Edge, an odd thing happens: after hitting the search result, the drop-down text will open, but then it will open the snippet itself (really the complete snippet, as it is also published in the assets folder). Since the (original) snippets are not really needed to be published, I now deleted that folder, so Edge will try to open something was isn't there anymore (which is now better, than displaying the original snippet, with all kind of information that is not meant to be published).
It is just a notice, I'm not expecting a fix. Probably it will fix itself with the new version of Edge (or not).
Regards,
Dirk
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk, you can report issues and request features here: https://tracker.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr,

Thanks for the tracker link. I will report the issues overthere.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dirk,

I tried searching the dropdown text in Edge and it opened fine for me. 

What is you Edge version?

Mine is; Microsoft Edge 44.18362.1.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18362

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp