• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 How can I create a pop-up information topic

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new RH user and little knowledge of HTML.
I want to create a pop-up topic from an existing topic.
I want this to be a custom-sized box.
I do not want a heading on my pop-up - just information.
I have created the topic which will be the pop-up text box and have linked to this topic from the main topic making it a custom-sized pop-up.
I delete the automatic heading created with the topic name - to be replaced with paragraph text. I check the Preview to see the size and look of pop-up is as expected.
When I publish - there is a blank line at the top of my pop-up and a scroll bar as the box is now too small because RH has included a blank line for the missing heading (h1) – that I deleted.
So I added a smaller heading (h4) to at least have a heading if that is what RH wants – but as soon as I change it from h1 to h4 it puts it in the body not the heading.
When I publish, I still get a blank line at the top of the page then the h4 heading I added.

clipboard_image_2.png

I can see from the Source option that RH still thinks my original h1 heading is there - even though it’s not and it publishes blank (because I removed it from the topic screen). If I remove all the content between <head> and <head> and republish, RH puts back a line after publishing <head><head> with a red cross on the side which says you can't have a <head> line without a <title>.
Now I've re-created it and left all the heading data there and I still get a blank line at the top of the topic as shown above.
How do I make the <title> between the <head>‘s display, as anything other than h1 so I don’t need a separate h4 heading in the <body> (and so I don’t get a blank line)
Is there any way to remove this? Do I have to change something in the css?

clipboard_image_1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content between the head tags doesn't display or create any space in the web page, ever, so that is all fine.

It could be margin or padding on something else, but I don't want to suggest anything just yet as changing some of the options could have unexpected effects. If you post answers to the following questions I can try a few things later with the popups.

Is this a new project created in RH2019 or upgraded from an older robohelp version? 

Which output preset are you using and which skin?

Have you customised the default stylesheet or the skin?

Are you using a master page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber should be safely tucked up in bed right now so I hope she will not mind me popping in with some thoughts.

1. The head section should not be removed as it contains vital information for the browser. The title is one such item that tells the browser what to put in the browser tab.
  2. As you have found, it does not take any space in the topic, what appears there is what is between the body tags.
  3. The code view is from 2019. I just created a custom size popup and got the same space above as in the source topic. Are you seeing a different space above if you open the topic and click Preview rather than looking at it in the editor? If not, then
    1. Post the code for your H4 style.
    2. Post an image of your popup topic code from the H4 line up.
    3. Answer Amber's questions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spotted that you said this is when you publish so forget about posting the code and the screenshots. It looks like the issue is related to one being discussed in another thread. I think you will have to live with this until the fix is released.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are right Peter, just had a look at the other thread and also found that if I remove the line RH have added:

"Robohelp has created a blank div called <div class="topic-header-shadow"></div>."

Then this also removes the space. I'll just have to be patient!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp