Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2019 new ui CHM opens new window on double click topic in TOC

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just wondering how I can make sure that no window is opened on double  click in a topic from the toc. I want the topic to be shown in the existing window

I've looked in several places, but nowhere found the property to set this.

I'm guessing it is in output tool pane, windows settings, but then...what property has to be checked or unchecked to prevent opening a new window?

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hmm, okay, so in the Output tab, there's a Window Settings section. That should correspond to the Windows sectioon in older RH version. If you've upgraded a project to 2019 New, then theoretically your old window definitions should be listed here. (If not, you can report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/ ) If it's not listed, click the + button to create a new definition. I'd recommend using the same name and settings from your Classic project.

Then, in Output Presets, open the preset fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a long time since I used chms, but I don't recall any setting related to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've parsed all setting possibilities to no avail. Some extra information : I use a main project that is composed of a table of content pointing to sub projects. Those sub projects are compiled seperately and I copy the chm in the main asset directory via the fileexplorer. I looked in the property of the toc in the main directory and in the properties of the subprojects, but cannot find a property telling to open in the existing main window instead of opening a new one (corresponds to a typical html behaviour with parameter target)

I'm feeling a bit lost here...

I have a pointer, but cannot find the right place to set it. In old versions you could change it via singel source layouts/html ehlp/properties and then advanced settings. you can specify there for index and toc styles a default window (which should by my main window i suppose instead of ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, okay, so in the Output tab, there's a Window Settings section. That should correspond to the Windows sectioon in older RH version. If you've upgraded a project to 2019 New, then theoretically your old window definitions should be listed here. (If not, you can report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/ ) If it's not listed, click the + button to create a new definition. I'd recommend using the same name and settings from your Classic project.

Then, in Output Presets, open the preset for your HTML Help (chm) output. In the Layout section there's a Default Window field. Again, theoretically, if you upgraded from Classic, this should list the window that was originally defined in your project. If it's not already selected, select the correct window definition.

I'm not sure if that will fix your issue, but it's the best idea I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Amebr,

I went on investigation just now. Indeed in de classic ui you can choose ms html help and outputs(ssl). And indeed there I see a difference with other projects. Then I opened a project in the new UI and tadaa, through context I came to the same conclusion as you did now. it is indeed the default window property in the output/microsoft html/edit/layout  (in the subprojects) that determines this 'new window' or 'existing window' property. I came across that while searching earlier. But skipped it. Because this choicedialog is populated with a window that is not my actual main window. And there is no add or change gadget. So the next questions pops up. How to define a new/different default window? I'll make it a separate topic. I'm very gratefull about your answer. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp