• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 - Can we have custom image for each bucket in Indigo/Coffee layout?

Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 buckets, FAQs, KB, Videos, Guides.

Right now the default image is displayed for each bucket.

Can I add 4 indicative images to show FAQs, KB, Videos, Guides on the home page ToC?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

I think that is only an option with the frameless outputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is only an option with the frameless outputs.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH2019 you can set a custom home page image for individual items in the toc. Open the toc, click on an item and select an Icon Image. I assume you can do this in RH2020 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify that the icon will only display in the home page tiles, not in the more traditional table of contents panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Tejas means the home page when referring to buckets rather than tiles.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I interpreted buckets to mean the tiles on the home page: 4 tiles for FAQ, KB, Video, Guides. 

So setting the image in the toc should set the image for the tiles on the home page. Then I wanted to clarify for anyone reading later that the images would only show in the home page tiles, not in the regular toc in the sidebar once you drill down to a topic.

I don't think the images are set in the skin any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got mixed up thinking of a traditional TOC on the left. However, looking at Indigo only, I can only see how to set one image for all the tiles. How are you setting different images?

image.png

See www.grainge.org for free authoring and RoboHelp information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the actual table of contents, not in the skin. 🙂

The tooltip in RH2020 says "frameless" but it works for coffee (and I assume indigo but I haven't tried)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that only for the TOC on the left, not the home page where Tejas wants different images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the icon image is for the home page tiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! Seems an odd place to locate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it makes sense when people want different icons for each tile. Because the tiles are the toc entries, tying the icon to the actual toc make a lot of sense. The base icon used if you don't customise belongs in the skin though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp