• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rh2020 - conditional expressions doesn't include 'is not'?

Participant ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to build conditional expressions with tags, I see include/exclude when <category> is <tag_name>.

Is the 'is not' option not available for building expressions? How do we handle that.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Include when tag Is Not X or Exclude when tag Is Not X, correct?

Isn't Include when tag is Not X the same as include when all the tags except X are set to include? Maybe there is a scenario I am missing.

Also see Build Expressions (grainge.org) as the way AND/OR is confusing. It was written incorrectly by previous owners of the product and now Adobe cannot reverse that without wrecking all existing expressions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the new tags are clashing with my older tags/expressions and therefore untagged topics are now showing up.

Will deleting/clearing all old tags and expressions or just deleting all old expressions make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you apply an expression any topics without tags will be included. What you get is what you include or exclude plus anything without a tag. That is not new.

You will only need to delete expressions but the change should not have affected how things work. With what I have said above and what is in the link I have given you, I would review what you have to ensure the logic is correct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp