• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020: Eliminate unwanted text in Responsive HTML5 Search Results

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from RH2017 to RH2020, and I generate webhelp (now Responsive HTLM5). One of the unwelcome changes I've found is the search results contain the topic title, some text from the topic, and what looks like a series of breadcrumb links. We don't want all that. Webhelp search results was a single-spaced list of topic titles and nothing more. Is there any way I can get back to that minimal list of results? (I found a post in this community about this issue, but it was from 5 or 6 years ago, and I don't think it's still correct.)

Another disappointing aspect of the new search results is that the "Highlight Search Results" option is gone. Users really liked that, and I'm getting complaints about that. Anyway I can restore that option with RH2020 Responsive HTML5 output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're on the latest version of RH2020 - patch 3 - see https://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html as there was a bug in the initial release that caused the Help > Updates route not to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Version 2020.3.32, so I believe it is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup - somebody else posted about that extra info recently - have a search around. It might have been dependent on the preset that was used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff: I have not been able to find a recent post about the limiting the extra content from search results in Responsive HTML5. If you can find it, please post a link to that thread. I'd appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made some progress on these issues with ResponsiveHTML5 search results, although I'm still not satisfield with the formatting of the results.

1. I was able to remove the extra phrase from beneath the topic title by setting the "Set search context character limit" to 0. It's on the ResponHTML5 output Search tab.

2. Also I found that the RemoveHighlight button removes the search term highlighting in a topic displayed from a search. As you can see in the screenshot, I aligned that button to the left to have it close to the search results.

However, I don't know how to remove the breadcrumb below each search result. The breadcrumbs aren't even clickable. And I'd like to be able to reduce the size of the topic titles in the results and remove the bolding and space before and after - to replicate the simple webhelp search results produced by Classic versions.

I'd also like to be able to reduce the size of the title in the header. That is enormous, and I'm very surprised that Adobe didn't provide a setting for that in the  skins. If I'm missing that setting, please let me know.

resp html5 search results.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this thread helps. Scroll down to Erwin.Timmerman's post part way down for responsive HTML5 information. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/in-rh-2019-search-results-is-there-a-way-tho-hide-the-file-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr: Thanks much. That worked. BTW, any ideas on how to change the size of the text in the Responsive skin search results or the size of the title?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you generate the output and right-click > Inspect on the element you want to adjust, you can see the style you need to change in the Styles panel.

This discussion goes in to detail about how to do it for the title, if you're not that familiar with CSS. I highly recommend the W3C tutorials if you're not familiar with CSS. 

Add the style to the existing user asset css you just created. You might need to delete the css from the skin and re-add to get the new style to apply properly, but I'm not sure on that.

The same principle will apply for the search results font size.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/robohelp-2019-new-ui-output-header-title-font-size/m-p/11475...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr: If I follow the instructions you referenced on 1/18, a custom.css file is added to the skin folder under publish/skins. It is then picked up and included in the Responsive HTML5 output. I wonder if I could simply add any additional changes that are necessary to the file in the skin folder rather than creating a new css file to import with the Add Asset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer is "it depends"? For example in my copy of RH, most of the skins don't have a css file in the skins folder.  It also might be safer to use the custom css, so you can add it to a new copy of the skin if necessary. For example Adobe makes improvements to the skin in an update, and you need to add a new copy of the skin to get those improvements. You can attach your customisations css file, rather than having to compare the old and new version line by line to determine the differences.

Perhaps you could contact Adobe support and see if they can answer?

See the following page for support contact options:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just occurred to me that maybe you meant can you reuse the custom css for further changes. Yes, that would be fine, but you might need to delete and re-add the custom css to the skin - I think I remember someone reporting the change wasn't picked up without that step, but do test it for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp