• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Linked document not updating

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are new to using RH2020. I have successfully published a Word document that is linked from a SharePoint source library. I recently updated the source file, I synced it to our cloud storage. I synced within RH (green arrow next to it now), but the content did not update. Can't find anything on the boards or in the user guide. Any clues as to what I did wrong?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Syncing just updates the Word document in RoboHelp. You also need to right click and select Create/Update Topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

If the link in the toc is broken, you'll need to update the toc as well, otherwise that toc entry will give an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing just updates the Word document in RoboHelp. You also need to right click and select Create/Update Topics.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you for your response. I did that, but now it shows a red "x" by the section that was updated, and I can't open it to ensure that my changes are present. I tried syncing again, closing and then opening RH, but it would seem there is still a step that I'm missing. Screenshot attached.  RH2020 SSDU screenshot 11_2_21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't the updated topics be accessed through the "contents" area instead of the TOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, thank you.  I was able to see through the Contents pane that my document does include the new additions. Now to see if I can republish successfully!  🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the link in the toc is broken, you'll need to update the toc as well, otherwise that toc entry will give an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp