Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Multi Project Webhelp

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We're considering a transition from CHM to Webhelp and I've a couple questions please.

Our software has many modules, each with their own help content but somewhat related. So, the URL's might be something like

help.zzz.com/module1

help.zzz.com/module2

etc.

I can see the responsive HTML templates such as Azure Blue and the template and assets folder for the project as well. However, we'd want these to be outside the module help directory somewhere common so that we can set up (and maintain!) template and styling once, simply pointing the other projects.

So, on disk we'd have a folder structure like:

Module1
Module2
Module3
template
css

I can't see any way in the project config to do this ?  If anyone knows the recommended way to structure such a setup for consistency and easy  maintenance please let us know.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some assets can be external such as images but most need to be within the project. RoboHelp is not designed to work the way you want and will probably cause more work than it saves.

WebHelp as such is something from the Classic versions. The new UI versions offer Responsive skins, such as Azure Blue, but I would recommend you look at the frameless skins. That is where Adobe will be focussing future development.

One idea that might help is Merged Help (grainge.org). You haven't said if you install your help according to the modules purchased. You can create a merge of the help for all the modules or various merges that have the parent and any combination of the outputs. Read up what I have written to see if that would help.

One advantage is that the skin of the parent applies to the merged outputs. That means that whilst you have to define a skin for each project, only the one for the parent needs to be customised.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp