• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020: Related Topics appear as a numbered list on Publishing

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preview mode, my related topics lists appear without numbering (which is whatI want). When I output to responsive HTML5 and view the ouput, my related topics lists appears without numbering. Good. But when I pubish the project, all my related topics list are numbered! Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Thanks Amber, Peter, but the more I tried to resolve this issue the odder it became (such as periods appearing at the start of each listed item). In the end I gave up trying to diagnose the issue. Instead I created  a new project, copied the vanilla default CSS from it to my troublesome project and incrementally modified the new CSS to match what I had before—leaving out, of course, all those subsidiary related topics styles (although I did have to add in a style for the related topics caption).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest trying to clear the browser cache first. Then if that doesn't work, see if you can get the webserver administrator to clear the server cache or bounce the web server.

Just to rule out some weird caching issue.

If non of that resolves it, I'd use the developer tools to inspect the code to figure out where it's coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quck response. Clearing the cache didn't work, but I suspect now that it is a browser issue. In Chrome, IE and Safari, the Related Topics are not numbered. In Firefox they are. Oddly, Firefox is my default browser and Related Topics were not numbered until yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's pretty weird. It's probably worth using the Developer Tools to inspect the list to see what FF is doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did FF update yesterday?

If Amber's suggestion doesn't reveal anything create a new project and either create a new topic or import one. Using the same CSS does that have the same problem?

If it does, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the test project you sent me there was dupliction of CSS files. If you look within Assets you will two instances of each CSS. I suspect that is just related to setting up the test project but check your main project is correct.

I also found that in addition to default.css which is what seems to have your main styles, the topics also had a second CSS. Maybe that's intentional but if not reduce it to one.

The issue though is the related topics definition in default.css. As supplied I see the Firefox problem. I then imported a clean default.css as created in a new project and named in defaultPG.css.

With your CSS I saw the issue, with a clean copy I did not. I then opened both CSS in source view and found the rogue line.

image.png

If you comment out the counter reset line by applying /* and */ at either end of the line, the problem goes away in Firefox.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amber, Peter, but the more I tried to resolve this issue the odder it became (such as periods appearing at the start of each listed item). In the end I gave up trying to diagnose the issue. Instead I created  a new project, copied the vanilla default CSS from it to my troublesome project and incrementally modified the new CSS to match what I had before—leaving out, of course, all those subsidiary related topics styles (although I did have to add in a style for the related topics caption). I generated output as I went and tested it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge and encountered no problems. Problem sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp