• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 - search takes forever and shows an unresponsive page

Participant ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed something weird. I have a Frameless help output. Everything works fine. Just the search has suddenly started some weird behavior. Whatever I search takes a very very long time to get results. The results don't show up but gives a message about unresponsive page. Any idea why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it has been working OK, something has obviously changed.

1. Generate the About RoboHelp sample project to the same network drive. That should tell you whether or not it is your project or the network.
  2. Generate your project to a different folder on the same drive.
  3. Have your network people changed anything?
  4. Have you got Update 7 applied?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Update 7.

Well, here is more about this scenario.

This is something to do with specific words. For example, when the search string has the work 'mapping' the results are getting blocked. The browser just freezes, I checked if the work 'mapping' is part of stop words. However, 'mapping' is not a stop word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One to take up with Support I think. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had that issue to the point that the search will actually lock up browser.  At the time, it was due to a js loop when executing the search.  I was able to cut down on it by excluding certain large pages from the search index.  Also, Firefox tends to fair poorly in this situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp