• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH2020 Spell Check stops at every topic even if no misspelled words

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using spell check in RoboHelp 2020 in a large project with over 400 topics. I have Spell Check set to Look in All Topics. When I select Run Spell Check, RoboHelp opens every topic, checks spelling, and stops whether there is a misspelled word or not. I have to select Skip on every topic. Is there a way to set it up so that it only opens and stops in topics with misspelled words? If there is no misspelled word, I would like it to move on to the next topic and not have to select Skip each time.

I have Application Preferences set to check Run spell checking on opening a topic, but I'm not sure if that affects this or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can see it is only showing topics with misspelt words. After running through a topic it is reporting what is wrong in them and giving me the options to skip, ignore or add the words reported. Initially on opening a topic it shows as None but that changes to what it has found. I have not found it stick on a topic with no misspellings.

Do you have Update 6 applied?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 2020.6.76. I see that sometimes it jumps from like 409 file(s) to check, then I select Skip, then it shows 406 file(s) to check and skips a couple. But the majority of topics open and show Misspelt Word <None>. It does find and show a few acronyms and words it doesn't recognize in a topic here and there, so it is checking the topic. But the majority of topics are showing none. Other users on my team are experienceing the same thing. I maintain several large projects spell check works the same way in those as well.

Also, is there a way to close all topics at once, rather then having to close each topic individually after a spell check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last part is easy. Right click on a tab and choose Close All.

To be quite sure, RoboHelp opens a topic and shows None but if you give it a moment or two that does not change, correct? I cannot recreate that. It shows None on opening a topic but after just a couple of seconds it shows the errors just above the Skip, Ignore and Add buttons.

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. If not, then I can only suggest Support as it is working fine here.

I assume you tried one of the sample projects? Another thought is are you running the project on a network or locally? Maybe try locally if on a network.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am giving it plenty of time to show an error, but none appear. I am working locally, not on a network. I am unable to share any of my projects since they are proprietary. It appears to be some sort of a bug. We will just keep clicking through the topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A bug would affect everyone. I still recommend checking a sample project and then contacting Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp