I am using RH2020 Update 5 and trying to fix some of my code in the source code. For this, I wanted to use a regular expression. The expression itself seems to be correct (at least, I get the desired results when using it in Notepad++), but the search in RH only keeps on running without returning any results. I tried it with the complete project and also only with one topic open.
Do I have to create the RegEx somehow different? Is anyone else having issues here?
This is my RegEx:
What I am trying to achieve with this is to find all <span style tags except those containing vertical-align (because these are my variables).
I have the following settings in the search:
Thanks and best regards
Okay, I have an update on this: if I search only the current file, the search does come to an end after about 8 minutes. So there seems to be a performance issue here. Anyone else having issues?
is it possible for you to share the topic with us? Would be even better if you could share the project itself.
the problem does not occur if I create a new topic with just one of the affected files. However, you can also see this effect using the sample project "About RoboHelp". In this, open e.g. the file "authoring - Importing_Linking", go to Search and Replace, enter the RegEx
and use the following settings:
In my case, the search in this single file did not come to an end in over 11 minutes. In Notepad++, the search within this file returned the result immediately.
I guess you already have the sample projects, so I did not send you anything. Kindly let me know if you need anything else.
@Sudhanshu1996Monga I tried that expression in About RoboHelp and whilst it works it does seem to take way more time than I would expect.
See www.grainge.org for free Authoring and RoboHelp Information