• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 HTML, workspace font 8pt, can it be changed?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My IT department just upgraded me to a faster machine Windows 7 however my RH8 HTML displays my Project Manager et al pods in Ariel 8pt. I know I can adjust the topic font size from the View option, however, has anyone figured out how to change the font size elsewhere on the workspace? My css works fine in my output. It's just my workspace view.

Thanks

Jan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gina

I really don't think this is a Rh issue. I have seen it once, as above, but this problem seems to be pretty much restricted to this thread.

Can you try installing on fresh machine?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be late.

A co-worker had this problem and it required IT to play around with Windows settings. Unfortunately we don't know which ones but at least this should point you in the right direction.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is an old thread, but since I just encountered the same thing in RH11, I thought I would comment. I don't know how RoboHelp interprets what fonts size to use, but I was using two 22" monitors and a 14" laptop screen at 1920x1080 with Windows 8.1. I am testing TCS5 against MadPak. I'd never seen this problem in RH, and I was starting to think I would need to go with Flare to see the screen. I tried changing the resolution and nothing happened. 

It wasn't until I pitted the two screen capture programs against each other that I realized something else was going on. Neither of them could capture. RoboScreen Capture was changing the resolution and making a single browser window take up the entire 22" monitor screen. I was seeing other inconsistencies with menu sizes, and I was not able to resize the display text or menus the way that I like them. I also noticed that moving windows from the laptop screen to the monitors resulted in the screens being very large for until they were completely on the new monitors screen (vs. in transition between the two).

To resolve the problem, I have had to stop using the laptop scree, but I suspect it's a Windows bug related to graphics, and it impacts RoboHelp because of the way RoboHelp determines its work space font size. A new graphics driver or a reinstallation may be what is really needed in these situations. It does appear that the bug has only gotten worse in Windows 8.1 (perhaps related to the increasing options allowing users to resize display items separately).

Once I changed my settings to two monitors and rebooted, all of my problems resolved. As multiple monitor use becomes more and more common, and Windows continues to become more customizable, Adobe may well want to change the way RH11 determines its font size. Flare did not bat an eye at this bug. It was fine. Both graphics programs were unusable but in different ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I noticed the same issue with TCS5 too – I had to drop the “Advanced” settings back to 100% in Windows (rather than the 150% my tired eyes were used to before). Even going to the 125%(recommended) setting didn’t make a difference to TCS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the bug I was experiencing, Windows doesn't appear to have been interpreting the display settings correctly. I was experiencing issues before installing TCS5 so it never occurred to me that RH11's tiny font size was related, but once I fixed the display bug and rebooted, my display settings started working correctly (and both graphics programs would capture), and much to my surprise RH11 displayed its fonts properly.

I'd be really curious to know how RoboHelp determines the work space font size because it's clearly impacted by graphics driver issues/bugs in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp