• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RHVersion 2020.7.46 insert iframe just downloads the file when I open the topic

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a topic that I've inserted an iframe.  On the insert I selected a spreadsheet in my project.  I want the spreadsheet to display in the iframe.  Instead when I open that topic it just automatically downloads the spreadsheet.  What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's behaving as designed - to show a spreadsheet's contents, you've got to present it on the webpage. A quick google reveals a bunch of ways of embedding spreadsheets on web pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.  I'd sort of come to that conculsion myself.  I can't do that though as the content needs to be secured.  It's a shame because Robohelp just doesn't give me the tools to present the information the way I want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Windows security restriction.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's a windows security restriction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows doesn't allow certain things because they carry security risks, in this case macros that could be in the spreadsheet. Same with Word docs.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably more a browser restriction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I can't do that though as the content needs to be secured." - I don't understand you on this part - you want to display the content of the spreadsheet, right? To be able to do that, you have to modify the spreadsheet in some way to show the content - a simple way would be to capture an image of the spreadsheet and stick that in the webpage - browsers "know" how to show images. While that's probably not going to be the solution, saving the spreadsheet as an HML page may work too - browsers "know" how to show HTML code embedded in a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just displaying the content, so an image wont work unfortunately. I want them to be able to use the filters on the spreadsheet and hyperlinks.

By secured, I mean we don't have a secured website it can go on and only customers can access it.  So it needs to be in the packaged helpfile with the product.

Just tried converting the spreadsheet to html and it loses the filters.  

We have previously found a way of adding filters to a table in robohelp using coding.  It's just messy managing it all in Robohelp.

Thanks for suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now I get it. Peter is correct, there's no way an OLE (Object Linking & Embedding) thing works anymore due to browser security.
ps - you don't have to have a secured website for HTML pages to be displayed; you can ship them along with your product to be placed on a client's local LAN server or workstation. I've been doing that for years - you just sometimes need to tweak the browser into letting it think local HTML files are ok from a security point of view (they got really cranky about local files a few years ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen ways of filtering tables in the past. It might be worth seeing if they are still around and HTML5 and CSS3 compliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The table javascript libraries, like datatables, should be easier to implement in RH2020 as it's far more standards compliant and you can apply multiple stylesheets to a topic easily. It might be worth giving the html filtering a go again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp