I have a merged project (currently 25 projects merged, approx. 1000 topics)
using RoboHelp 15, MSIE 11, Windows 7 ENT. Couldn’t find an answer when I
searched forums or experts, did I miss it? No worries regardless. Thanks for
When I publish changes to my Responsive HTML content, I see most changes
immediately. HOWEVER, will some changes be delayed (such as changes to js or
dynamic content filter or system files)? Do some changes have to be forced by
deleting the old content? Is there a recommended sequence for publishing
changes to Responsive HTML ?
If I must delete old content when updating js or system files would this be the
1. Delete target (child) project from output folder
2. Re build content/feature in target (child) project and save/close
3. Delete parent project from output
4. Delete merge from parent project
5. Delete target (child) project from prod
6. (Publish parent project with deleted merge)
7. Merge target/updated (child) project in parent project
8. Publish parent project with updated merge
9. Publish updated child project
10. (Test content/feature)
I've noticed some delays when publishing multiscreen html5 (RH11). Things like the TOC not showing the latest topics, or being out of sync with the displayed topic (especially when new topics have been added).
I think it's to do with file caching on the server, although I haven't been able to confirm this for various reasons. Perhaps talk to your IT guys responsible for your web server and see if you can reduce the caching time for js files.
(I've applied the no-cache, etc meta tags to my master page, but I don't think that helps with js (and possibly xml?) file caching.)
When you generate merged responsive help, it is always best to generate all of them afresh starting with the parent.
See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.