• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 11 Failed to initialize database

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since W10 update yesterday when I compile my Robohelp 11 project search comes back with Failed to initialize database.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Fixed it! Found old installation files, re-installed, updated & now it's working fine. Why it went wrong is anybody's guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A search on "Failed to initialize database" brings up a whole load of threads. Mostly they report it is down to MSXML being needed. As far as I can see Adobe didn't fix the issue until RoboHelp 2015 and the thread below refers to the service pack.

In https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/search-error-failed-to-initialize-database/m-p/3282842?page=... the user reports "I experienced the same error with the Search function not working in help compiled using RoboHelp 2015. I uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp, but that did not fix the problem. I was finally able to fix the problem by installing MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 2 and MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 Parser on my laptop"

It looks like you will be out of luck with RoboHelp 11 unless you want to try and find a later version of the MSXML service pack and risk how it works with your copy of RoboHelp.

Whatever you try, do backup first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed it! Found old installation files, re-installed, updated & now it's working fine. Why it went wrong is anybody's guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp