• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 not updating .fpj files

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running RoboHelp 11 under Windows 8. The project is under Subversion version control (SVN). My problem is that the *.fpj files appear not to update.

I have imported several topic files into a folder that already contain topics and an *.fpj file. I do a Save All and Commit the project to SVN. When I subsequently Update the project (to bring the latest version to my local disk) the imported files are not in the Project (though they exist in the disk folder) and the folder fpj file has not been updated.

I have local Admin rights on the machine, so I don't think permissions are the cause.

Advice and guidance? Please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere (probably in the Source Control forum) there’s a post that tells you what files in a RH project that SHOULD & SHOULDN’T be in source control (of whatever flavour).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and in Snippets on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same problem with my project too. We use RoboHelp 11, and TFS 2013 for version control. Ours is an old project, recreated in RoboHelp 11 with many .htm files created in different older versions of RoboHelp.

When importing .htm files to RoboHelp, .fpj for the folder is getting checked out. However, entries for the imported files are not added to the .fpj. On checking in all files from RoboHelp, .fpj is also getting checked in to TFS. A new version is not created for .fpj in version control, as there is no update recorded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried trashing the CPD file? That may cause issues.

Please note: You can fix your *.fpj files with the following free script: https://www.helpessentials.com/downloads/missing-topics-fixer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp