Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 11 sign in window is not working

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having an issue trying to sign in to re-register Adobe RoboHelp 11. Yesterday, IT made some changes to my Virtual Desktop. They had to migrate it. Yesterday, I was able to open RoboHelp without any issues. Today, I tried opening it and it showed the Trial screen and an option to enter the serial number. I clicked on the Sign In button and it shows that I am not connected to the internet. That is wrong, because I can open Chrome and browse around the internet. I tried chatting with Adobe support, because I think there is something wrong with their sign in process. They were not helpful and said they do not support older software. Has anyone run into this issue before? If so, how did you resolve this? If I can’t get it resolved, do I need to re-install RoboHelp again?

Thanks,

Andre

Here are some screenshots of the issue.

Sign-In-1.jpg

Sign-In-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your IT make any changes to the firewall or open ports? The Adobe login requires an open port connection to be made. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I am not sure if they made changes to the firewall or open ports. I have already emailed the IT person that made the migration. I will email that person and ask them about firewall and open port changes.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks,

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "virtual desktop", but did you contact the RH team by e-mail or just general support? See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have RoboHelp installed on a virtual desktop with Windows 7, because the server we publish to is an old server. Since we are using the latest Windows 10, it cannot communicate with the old server because of a security issue. We are working on upgrading the server and RoboHelp. So that's why RH 11 is installed on a VD.

I used the general support chat feature. Thanks! I will save that email address and use it if I can't resolve my issue.

Thanks,

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the term is "virtual machine" - you're running a Win7 virtual machine that has RH11 installed on it. Not sure exactly why you'd need Win7 to do that - I'm running Win10 with both RH10 and RH11 on it working fine. You probably just could have disconnected the publishing part of RH11's output workflow and manually copied or FTP'd the generated output to the destination server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are tunning RH11 on the Windows 7 Virtual Machine, because we are publishing to an old server. We are running Windows 10, but it cannot publish to the old server because of a security issue in Windows that that cannot communicate with the old server. So IT setup a virtual machine using Windows 7 and installed RH 11 on it. Now we can publish to the older server because Windows 7 is compatible with it.

Once we upgrade RH11 and our server, we can remove the VM and publish directly off of our C drive.

I have talked to IT and they only migrated the VM, rebuilt the C drive and kept all the settings the same. I still cannot open the sign in window to enter my password and serial number.

Does this mean i will have to have IT re-install RH 11 on the VM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe, but even then, it will try to "phone home" to activate - plus, before you migrated, if you didn't deactivate the copy of RH11 on that machine, you may not be able to activate on a "new" one without contacting Support to free up your activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp