• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 17 - Help Using Sharepoint Online for Version Control

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been the lone tech writer with my current org for about a year, and the pace of work has allowed me to basically revise help files based on the quarterly release or NPI schedule, push it out, and then start working on the next release. There's been no need for version control or to set up a means to collaborate. Just for reference we have a combination of SW only and SW/HW products with CHM and/or HTML5 help outputs.

The pace of product development is picking up dramatically and not only will I need to be working on different releases simultaneously from the same source file, I'll possibly be hiring another writer early next year to handle the increased workload.

So in planning for this, I've tried to use the Collaborate>Add to Version Control  function in Robohelp 17 to set up a repository in SharePoint but get a 403 (forbidden) message when I try to connect to my TechPubs SharePoint site (of which I'm a Power User.) Has anyone run into this? Is this something a SharePoint admin will have to solve?

Conversely, my predecessor set up all of our Help Files in an SVN repository, but he mainly did this as a safeguard against major foul-ups when creating Help Files. He never used it for creating branches or collaborating; he essentially did this at the suggestion of SW developers as a means of retrieving a previous revision if he royally screwed something up. I'm fairly novice with how branches/merging etc. works in SVN, and seems a bit overkill for my intentions anyways.

So, to get to questions/discussion points: is SharePoint a good option for my purposes as described above, and if so, has anyone run into the issue of not being able to connect Robohelp (17) to SharePoint? Is there a better option for what I'm trying to achieve?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe Sharepoint Online is supported with RH2017.

RH2019 (New) supports it, but RH2019 (Classic) does not. And switching to RH2019 (New) is basically transitioning to a new product, so I'd advise a thorough trial before considering that move.

RoboHelp System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp