• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 and Git: RH is not seeing changes in local environment

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have recently begun using RoboHelp 2015 with Git and we are seeing some strange behavior when we change local repositories and then open the project in RoboHelp. As we would expect, when we change the active repository in Git we can see the project files in our local project directory change, based upon what the active repository contains. The problem is, though, when we then open the project again, after changing the active repository, RoboHelp is displaying changes from the previous active repository.

Here is an example from yesterday:

1. Create a new local repository called "Deleting old topics" and delete a bunch of unused topics.
  2. Close RoboHelp.
  3. Commit the changes in the local repository.
  4. In Git, switch to the local master (or to an existing local repository that hasn't been touched in weeks).
  5. Verify in Windows Explorer that the deleted files have returned (expected behavior because those files/topics weren't deleted in this repository).
  6. Open the project in RoboHelp. The topics deleted in the "Deleting old topics" repository are still showing as deleted, even though we are in a different repository and have verified that the files (including the fpj files) are showing that that the topics should be there in this repository.

What we've tried thus far:

• We have tried changing the preference that rebuilds the cpd file on launch: this behavior persists no matter if we rebuild the cpd or not.
  • Replacing the cpd file with one saved from before the topics were deleted: replacing the cpd file causes RoboHelp to see the files correctly but the fix only lasts until additional files are deleted and then the environment breaks again, as described above.

Is the problem simply that RoboHelp 2015 doesn't play nicely with Git and we need to upgrade to 2019? Are those of you with RH 2019 seeing any behavior like this or does RoboHelp 2019 properly recognize the changes that Git makes to the local environment?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a source control user but I can offer two comments.

1. There are certain files you should not put into source control. See Snippets on my site.
  2. I think you will find posts about GIT indicating that it did not play nicely with 2015. Search this forum and the dedicated Source Control forum. GIT is now supported in 2019 but I can't comment on whether it plays nicely.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp