• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 - Cannot Create File and Broken Links

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not my first time using robohelp 2015. This is actully a new help system that i created by importing topics from other help systems that are working fine. I have fixed all broken links except for one: if i change anything in the topic with the broken link and save an error appears "cannot create file". So i deleted that topic and created a new one (plz note that the File Name was filled automatically so i think even with deleting it is still saved somewhere) and i'm still getting the same error that shows just the file path and no reasons.

2020-09-23_15-27-31.jpg

With ignoring this is still get the file not found in my output which has happened before and i solved it by shortning the topic's title but now the title is already short. 

I really need help with both issues plz. Why are topics not appearing in the output and why is there one topic that cannot be created.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok now i fixed the topic that has a broken link by deleting it and it's output version and creating a new one. I generated the output again and still have the same "It may have been moved or deleted." error instead of the topic content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's check we are both meaning the same thing by Start_Page. Is that the file that is specified in the General settings or the default topic specified in the Content settings.

The start page in general settings cannot be used as the default topic.

The error message is a new one on me and I have been using RoboHelp for about twenty years. Hence wondering if there is some mix up here as that is an issue I have seen.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start page and default topic are not the same. The Output folder and start page in general settings i have the index.htm selected and for the default topic i have a page from the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know they are not the same. I was trying to establish they had not got mixed up in your project.

There is also some confusion as I had a forum email with your user name against a 2020 post and it shows in your profile. At the time the link took me to a thread with only your name in it but now it's going elsewhere.

image.png

Jeff is seeing something different so it's probably best to leave you with him for now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noha5C10 - You seem to have glommed onto another thread that was all about RH2020, so let's split you off on your own.
It still sounds like you have a broken link in your RH project (ignore the output part for now - it gets erased & recreated every time you generate). Where is the project located? Local on your C:\ drive or on a netwoork location? Any source control in play here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is located on my D drive and i'm not sure what you mean by source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issue even after fixing the Default topic in output preset. The output has a lot of pages that are not found: books and subtopics. The topics are perfectly fine in the project folder but the problem seems to be with the output. Are there other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, is D:\ on your local computer or a network location? Let's also confirm what version of RH you're actually using - use the About RoboHelp to give us the exact version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

local computer and the robohelp version is 12.0.2.348

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I think you are behind a couple of patches - IIRC the highest RH2015 version was 12.0.4.something. Use the  Help > Updates to check to see if there's updates to apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, definitely need an update. Until then, I've moved the topics to the root folder and they are opening just fine. Thank you for all your help.

I was wondering also if I am producing a responsive output, is there a way I can fix the footer in the master page so that it remains still while scrolling? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp