Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 cpd Project File is Corrupt

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

Hoping someone might be able to help with this urgent issue. All of a sudden, my.cpd project file has been corrupted and cannot be opened. Nothing out of the ordinary happened overnight to cause this error in the morning. Other project files open fine, but the main project I always work in has now become corrupt and RoboHelp 2015 says that it cannot be opened.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? Any tips to look through before contacting Adobe directly would be much appreciated.

I have backups of the .cpd that I could load. To bring in the most up to date htmls though, is there any quick way of doing that besides dragging and dropping each individual topic page into the older version of the .cpd?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

The XPJ is what you use to open a project. The CPD is a cache that rebuilds

if not present.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just delete the CPD in File Explorer and then reopen the project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry for my lack of experience here, but if I delete that CPD file, how do I go about reopening the project? The CPD is the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XPJ is what you use to open a project. The CPD is a cache that rebuilds

if not present.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked! You have saved the day Peter. Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp