Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 Errors Due to Windows 10 Security Updates

Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Has anyone else encountered errors when generating RoboHelp 2015 WebHelp with Windows 10?  I have installed all patches/updates for RH 2015.  This occurred after installing a Windows 10 Security Update.  RoboHelp is installed on my hard drive and my files are generated there as well.  I called Adobe and they were not helpful.  We are a small company and our IT Support also is struggling to figure this out.  I had this error a week or so ago...a Windows update broke it...then the next Windows update fixed it.  But the newest Windows update installed last Friday Aug. 11, 2017 broke it again.  Un-installing the security update did not fix it.  Below is the error message from the Application Event Viewer.  Thanks, Lori

Faulting application name: RoboHTML.exe, version: 12.0.4.460, time stamp: 0x581aee66

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.672, time stamp: 0x580efaf8

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000dc799

Faulting process id: 0x24dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d31500c874c772

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 282cc317-ee30-451d-9958-0b62ad3fef68

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          8/14/2017 8:26:15 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      OPTI990-8.lakeco.com

Description:

Faulting application name: RoboHTML.exe, version: 12.0.4.460, time stamp: 0x581aee66

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.10586.672, time stamp: 0x580efaf8

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000dc799

Faulting process id: 0x24dc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d31500c874c772

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\RoboHTML\RoboHTML.exe

Report Id: 282cc317-ee30-451d-9958-0b62ad3fef68

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

First I've heard of this. I might think if it were common, we would be seeing all sorts of reports about it.

Have you contacted Adobe? Perhaps report it as a bug? Sometimes when you do that you get reasonably quick response.

Click here to visit the bugbase

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, I called Adobe support and they didn't know what was causing it.  Good idea, I will report it as a bug.  It needs to be fixed because I currently cannot compile my Help code.  I tried searching to see if it was a known bug but could not find anything.  I will probably ask our IT support person to contact Microsoft as well.  Thanks for your help!  Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, the "Sign in" doesn't seem to be working on that Bug Tracker site.  Not sure how to sign in.  When I click Sign In nothing happens.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that you likely haven't added an account for that system. Do you see a link at the top that says anything like "register" or suchlike?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I thought I could just use my Adobe ID.  No I didn't notice any way to "create" a login. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have not seen that reported for RoboHelp but one line in your first post caught my eye.

I had a problem with that file many years ago and as I recall it was pain to fix. I can't give you the answer but pop that path into Google and you will get a quarter of a million results!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thanks (!!).  🙂  Last time this happened I took the System error code from Event Viewer and searched Regedit.  It always came down to permissions errors for some strange Windows operating apps I had never even heard of.  Giving access to these apps worked, but only temporarily.  I will have our IT guy take a look tomorrow.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any clue as to why I would get this application error (at 3:00 a.m.?!) when I am not even using RoboHelp (or Adobe Air for that matter).  I didn't even know I HAD Adobe Air.  Thanks.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR is one of the output options so the path is expected.

Taking a wild guess, RoboHelp is checking activation. The last two lines suggestion there is something wrong with the version. Go to File > Help and note the version. Then go to About and see if it is the same.

Beyond that I have to question whether RoboHelp is at fault or Windows is causing RoboHelp to error. I say that because you have said this happens when Windows gets updated.

Have you tried a reinstall? I would ask IT to uninstall using something like Revo Uninstaller. RoboHelp does a pretty clean uninstall nowadays but Revo might just find something.

Let us know how those two ideas go.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Peter.  I suspect Windows is causing all this fuss.  We have tried uninstalling RH in the past and it did not work.  I'm wondering if Windows 10 plays nicer with RH 2017 than it does with 2015?  If nothing else works we might have to try the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both versions normally work OK on Windows 10 and I doubt an upgrade will

help. Note what I said about how to uninstall.

Ask IT to keep your old profile but also give you a new one. Worth a try.

After that I would be asking for a machine rebuild.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran a Windows compatibility test against the RoboHelp .exe and tested RoboHelp using Windows 7 settings.  And...RoboHelp generated my output just fine.  So I saved the compatibility settings for RoboHelp to use Windows 7 settings instead of Windows 10.  I’m not sure if this is a permanent solution or not but for now it seems to have fixed it. bSo...there seems to be something going on with Windows 10 (I think security update settings) that are stopping RoboHelp from compiling.  What that is, I don't know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that Adobe Air error has anything to do with my RoboHelp issue.  I just noticed it and thought I'd ask.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to sign into the Bug Tracker today (why it wasn't working yesterday I have no idea).  I created a bug for this:  RH-781.  Thanks Rick for letting me know about that!

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later and this is still an issue.  I still cannot compile WebHelp output using RoboHelp 2015 with Windows 10. I have to run RoboHelp 2015 with compatibility mode set to Windows 7.  I'm wondering if I am the only person out there who has experienced this.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so - I can't recall seeing anyone else reporting this behaviour. Have you tried installing it on another Win10 machine to test? Did you ever try out the RH2017 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, No I haven't tried installing it on another Windows 10 machine.  We only have one copy/one license.  I was thinking of asking to upgrade to RH 2017 but wasn't sure that would solve the issue.  I cannot find the Bug Tracker where I logged my issue.  I'm actually on hold right now for Adobe Support Chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I would not recommend Adobe Chat Support.  😞  I'm about to close out after no response for 30 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your license actually lets you install in one other location providing you don't run both at the same time - like a home/office sort of thing. The link to the bug tracker is on the home page of the RH forum. You might want to shoot an e-mail to tcssup@adobe.com for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, just wanted to let others know that I resolved this issue.  It had to do with an older skin file I was using. Something in the skin file does not agree with Windows 10.  What that is, I do not know!  But using that old skin would only allow me to generate my project in Windows 7, not Windows 10.  I am now creating a new skin for Windows 10.  Thanks for all who responded.  🙂

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp