• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 excludes all conditionalized content when generating CHM with RHCL

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem with generating CHM through command prompt. As the topic title says, when I generate a CHM with RHCL.exe, all the topics/text that have conditional tags applied do not appear in the output. The problem occurs only with the command line RoboHelp, and CHM generation through GUI works just fine. I also tried doing the same thing with a sample project and the problem persisted. So it looks like RHCL simply removes ALL conditionalized content, regardless of the conditional build expression set.

I use Windows 8.1 and Robohelp 2015. Previously, I had Robohelp 10 and never had such a problem with it.

Currently, as a workaround solution, I have to generate the CHM files manually, which is very troublesome, because CHM generation is only a small part of our automated doc publishing process.

To me it looks like an obvious bug. Did anybody else face this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Update:

Searching on fourms brought me to this topic, which apparently has the same root cause: .CHM help compiled using RHCL differs from same help compiled using RoboHelp GUI

However, the solution provided there is not applicable in my case. I also saw that there was an issue submitted, is there any progress on this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

The bug was fixed in Update 2. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my understanding that it was fixed in a patch. Have you applied the patch?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the patch installed. Executing rhcl.exe outputs the following:

Adobe (R) RoboHelp Project Command Line Compiler version 12.0.1.338

Apparently, it wasn't fixed in this patch... I'm still experiencing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bug was fixed in Update 2. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp