Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 HTML5 responsive - breadcrumb issue

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am working on a project with a master and two child sub projects and cannot get my head round the way breadcrumbs work with Responsive HTML5 output. Unlike Webhelp output where the Home link in breadcrumbs goes back to the master project Home, when Home is clicked in either of child projects once compiled, it returns to the respective Home within the child project, as well as opening this page in a new tab.

Is this just something peculiar with Responsive HTML5 output that Home in breadcrumbs only returns to the Home of the child rather the Home page of the Master project?

Thanks

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which layout are you using?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

I have tried both the Azure Blue and Charcoal Grey options for HTML5 Repsonsive output in Robohelp 2015, experience the same issues in both. Robohelp is patched to 12.0.4.1. I have looked on your site for any clues or solutions but nothing has jumped out at me.

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been doing some testing and there is one difference between WebHelp and HTML help that I think is behind this problem. In WebHelp there are two ways to insert breadcrumbs, in the SSL layout or via a placeholder. HTML5 only uses the placeholder method and I am thinking that is not getting merged in the same way.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug in this thread and others can vote for it.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Thanks for your efforts. Here is the link to the bug report: Tracker

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Until Adobe manages to issue a service release that addresses the issue, I can think of a possible workaround.

Basically, one would create a redirect topic for each of the sub projects. Then configure each sub project so that the Default Topic is the desired page in the Master.

My thought here is that when the breadcrumb link is clicked, it briefly hits the home topic for the sub, then in a relay action it opens the desired topic in the Master.

If that sounds like an option, fire back if you need further explanation of how to do it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not saying that is not a valid solution but there is a point to consider.

If you are using the method of merging described on my site, the default topic is not in the master and the only topic in the master is a redirect itself to a chosen topic in one of the child projects.

Initially I used a simple redirect until some years ago Firefox clobbered that way of redirecting from the parent to a child project for security reasons. It is now necessary to use a script as described on my merged help pages. I wonder if the same issue would occur with redirects between projects in the merged output.

That's not saying it cannot be done, just that you might need to use the script redirect rather than a simple URL redirect.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp