• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 locking up when adjusting pod pane width

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded from RH9 to RH2015. I have successfully converted one of our projects. However, when I do a simple adjustment to the width of a pod panel, RH2015 locks up every time.

For example, if I click and drag the panel's right pane border to the red line, RH2015 immediately locks up.

RH2015_LockupIssue.jpg

I've closed the project and deleted the project's cpd file, then reopened the project with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ensured RoboHelp has the latest service release applied? To my knowledge it should reflect 12.0.2.384.

tmp1.png

Beyond that, I'd suggest opening one of the sample projects or creating a totally fresh project and see if this happens with a different project open. I can't fathom why that would make a difference, but it's worth trying.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

Yes, I verified I have the latest update shown in your image - "12.0.2.384".

I did open the sample project "EmployeeCare3" and of course I had to upgrade it before it would open. After upgrading, it too locks up when I make any adjustments to the pane width.

UGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to add this to my last post...

I even tried deleting the !ScreenLayout!.fpj file from the !ScreenLayout! folder and the rhscreenlayout.apj file just in case one or both were corrupted in some way but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the solution after some experimenting...

The screen layout I had, had three pod panes stacked on top of each other. The Project Manager pod was pinned above the Output Setup pod which in turn was pinned above the User Defined Variables pod.

RH2015_LockupIssue_Resolved.jpg

When I clicked the Auto Hide button on the UDV pod to remove it from the pinned state to the auto hide state, leaving only the Project Manager and Output Setup pods stacked, I was able to resize the pane width without RH locking up.

Apparently, stacking panes more than two high doesn't play nice with RH.

It would be interesting if someone else running RH2015 can try that screen layout to see if you too experience this locking up issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for troubleshooting the issue this far.

We are also trying to replicate the same at our and and will come up with a fix in case this is a bug.

Regards,

Abhishek

Product Manager

Adobe Technical Communication Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further update:

I just tried replicating your setup of PODs and it seems to work fine.

We will continue troubleshooting it further and come up with a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have reproduced this issue at our end.

It happens when any pod is docked vertically side by side to the pods you have mentioned.

From the image you have shared, if you close the TOC pod then it will work fine.

Thanks for helping in investigating the issue.Please log a bug at Home and we will take it forward from there.

By logging the bug to bugbase you will be able to track it.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Surbhi,

I created a bug as requested.

I tested it also where if you close (or Auto Hide) one of the three stacked pods - leaving the TOC pod intact - RH does not lock up.

Regards,

Steve Roehrig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp