Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 MS Edge Error

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it looks like RoboHelp 2015 exported Help File doesn't work with MS Edge if we use the Responsive HTML5 Layout. Same for the WebHelp export option. Even with the latest update. Can that be fixed?

EDIT: It loads forever, that is the problem. The frameset is visible but it loads forever, the loading animation doesn't disappear.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to say "Clues appreciated" but you have edited the post while I tested.

I just generated the sample project Employee Care 3 using both 2015 and 2017.

In 2015 responsive help (Azure Blue layout), the help starts to open in Edge but fails to load the TOC or default topic.

WebHelp opened OK and at a quick glance the only issue was the index not showing.and that was the same in Firefox.

In 2017 both were OK.

Try Support as the responsive issue was in 2017 but fixed with an update. Maybe they have an updated layout for 2015. Please post back with their response.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported this to Support. They will investigate and let me know a solution or what they find by the end of play today (apparently)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Support never came back to me with an answer or resolution when they said they would. Thanks 'Apurva' on support. Great service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PDF Boy,

please allow us a little bit more time for investigating the issue. We will get back to you for sure!

Thanks for your patience,

Stefan Gentz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

There is a solution to this. Click this link Support provided. I have downloaded a replacement file and installed and re generated help. I  can confirm Responsive Layout in RH2015 using ME Edge now works correctly.

https://helpx.adobe.com/tech-comm-suite/kb/responsive-html5-microsoft-edge.html

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp